It is a unique business practicum for owners and top managers of enterprises and organizations, experts on strategic and organizational development, managers and employees of divisions: on development, marketing, economic, financial, industrial, advertising, on public relations, on work with clients, on information technologies.
Proprietors and top management of organizations should understand precisely that they wish to achieve from the organization belonging or operated by them. Today it has become obvious: only by having a concrete image of what an organization ought to be and having negotiated ways and parameters to achieve this image, business can be effectively developed, minimizing risks and increasing controllability. Possessing strategy, the head has planned movement and proved and considering numerous factors program of actions to achieve desirable results, concentrates resources in those spheres, which have maximum perspective potential, raises capitalism of business. But, having a good plan for strategic development is not enough. It is important to provide its realization, integrate into operative activity of the organization. Here, at a stage of introduction, the basic points of inertia, resistance and failures are being found out. Heads of many enterprises, who successfully carry out strategic management, are using Balanced Scorecard – BSC to unite business processes, financial, material and intellectual resources, information technologies, systems of assessment and controlling, structural divisions and each employee for effective achievement of general strategic goals.
The seminar is oriented on experience and qualification level of participants and presents:
- active dialogue of the host – experience of a head simultaneously with a business consultant with participants;
- training by a principle of “case study” (analysis of the business situations taken from real practice);
- analysis by participants of concrete problems of their organizations and development of decisions connected with active development, i.e. the express-consulting.
KONSTANTIN YURIEVICH SMOLENTSEV – the Head of Board of Directors of an International corporation “KONSTANTIN Y. SMOLENTSEV and Partners” (http://www.smolentsev.com/), which has its offices in Europe, North America and Asia; Certified Management Consultant (CMC) in Accordance with the Amsterdam Standard ICMCI; Active member of an International Organization Development Association (IODA); Doctor of Political Science (Dissertation: «Problems of political regulation of international investment processes in conditions of globalization», the Russian Academy of State Service under the President of the Russian Federation, Moscow, 2004); Master of Business Administration /MBA/ (Dissertation: «Investment processes in conditions of globalization», Academy of National Economy under The Government of Russian Federation, Moscow, 2001); Full member (the Academician) of International Informatization Academy; Holder of the Highest international order «For outstanding services in informationology»; Laureate of International competition “Elite of the info Informationologists of the World 2003”; Expert of “The Moscow Times” newspaper; Expert of a business magazine “The Director”; Expert-consultant of the National Fund for development of the small and middle business undertakings; Author of monographs, scientific publications and scientific and practical researches; Author of a column «Recommendations of a Business consultant» in a division «Consultations» of a daily Internet journal Kleo.ru.
Main professional specialization:
consulting on organizational development for owners and top management of organizations and enterprises, heads of administrative-territorial formations; development of organizational structures; increase of controllability; risk management; strategic planning and management; introduction of the Balanced Scorecard – BSC;
- investment consulting, structuring of investment operations, formation of investment appeal, increasing capitalization of business, support of investment projects from “zero” point up until the business is sold to a strategic investor;
- international development; carrying out goods, services and brands on international markets;
- increase of administrative qualification of owners and top-management, organizing author's seminars.
Strategy of work is oriented on complex solution of problems and problems of a Client with a goal to maintain real improvement of its functioning. Sample decisions are not offered, all recommendations are unique.
Since 1987 Mr. Smolentsev is an active creator and top manager of commercial, educational, bank, investment, holding and consulting organizations.
As a consultant from 1989 he has carried out management and investment consulting for more than 650 top and middle managers of more than 120 enterprises and organizations. More than 2800 people attended his seminars and trainings.
Konstantin Y. Smolentsev has personally directed over 20 million USD in the direct and briefcase form of investments.
Goal of the seminar (business practicum):
Studying classical and modern principles, methods and technologies of active client-oriented strategic management. Acquaintance with innovative technologies of formation of highly effective organizations focused on result. Reception of an opportunity to analyze and systematize own experience and to approve the projects.As a result of participation in the business practicum participant will acquire following knowledge, skills:
- Full understanding of contemporary methods of highly efficient strategic planning and managing;
- Innovative principles of active construction of client oriented organization;
- Skills of carrying out strategic analysis and development of a plan for strategic development;
- Rules, receptions and technologies of realization of strategic variations, including with application of technology of Balanced Scorecard – BSC.
Seminar is modeled as a real consulting session. The Product of four day work is creation of a Strategic plan for development, Balanced Scorecard – BSC and creating Strategy maps.
Practical result: ability to organize an effective system of strategic management in deadlines on your enterprise with minimum expenses.
Program of the seminar:
- Creation of an enterprise, oriented on result.
- Practical philosophy of Balanced Scorecard – BSC.
- Basics of theory and practices of an organization and leadership – fundament of organizational construction and strategic management.
- Strategy: pro and contra.
- Modern views on strategic planning and management.
- Organization of the process of strategic management in an organization.
- Hierarchy of strategy forming.
- Internal and external factors which define strategy.
- Specifying business goals of owners and leaders. Defining “interested groups” and formation of a team – “reformers”. Negotiating mutual business interests.
- Defining investment priorities.
- Organizational diagnosis and self-diagnosis – main elements of strategic management.
- Mission and ideology of an organization – whim or a necessity?
- Development of a wanted image of future (VISION) of an organization.
- Motivational value of VISION
- Strategic analysis: analysis of internal and external environment. Methods of strategic analysis.
- Strategic analysis of diversified companies.
- Main cycles of competitiveness.
- Strategy of competitiveness.
- Focus of competition.
- Strategy development. Means (politics, stages, events, projects) of achievement of Vision: finances, manufacture, hardware, property, marketing, personnel, business processes and etc.
- Audit and re-engineering of business processes.
- Adaptation of organizational structure to strategy. Advantages and disadvantages of organizational structures.
- Principles of building strategically oriented organization.
- Art of carrying out strategic changes in an organization: PR-campaign, budgets, resources, procedures, IT, information environment, communication interrelations, motivational support, organizational culture.
- Strategic controlling.
- Opportunities and complexities of building a strategically oriented organization.
- Reasons for failures in realization of strategy
- What is more important, process or result? Main recommendations on development of effective strategy.
- Evolution of BSC: from system of efficiency estimation to a control system providing fast and effective realization of strategy.
- Elements of BSC.
- Finances. Strategy of growth, profitability and risk management from shareholders’ point of view.
- Parameters of financial activity
- Clients. Strategy of creating cost and differentiation from clients’ position.
- Parameters of relations with clients
- Internal business processes. Establishment of strategic priorities of various business processes, which provide satisfaction for clients and shareholders.
- Parameters of internal business processes
- Training and growth. Establishment of priorities for creation an atmosphere assisting organizational changes, innovations and growth.
- Parameters of training and growth
- Parameters of labor resources
- Relations of cause and effect in system of parameters of the BSC.
- Technical elements of building BSC:
- Map of strategic problems, logically connected with strategic goals – architecture concept of strategy description
- Map of balanced scorecard
- Goal projects (Investments, training etc.), which provide implementation of necessary changes
- «Instrument panels» of managers of different levels for control and assessment of activity
- Strategy maps as an instrument of management control.
- Development of a motivation system on the basis of BSC.
- IT-support while implementing BSC.
- Functional standards (BSC Functional Standards):
- Certified appendices with support of Balanced Scorecard
- Adaptation of the BSC for use in government and non-profit organizations.
- Creation of organizational opportunities for implementing BSC.
- Stages of implementation of the BSC.
- Attendant effects of development and introduction of the BSC.
- Role of business consultants in implementation of the BSC.
- Typical difficulties and mistakes while implementing the BSC.
- Main recommendations on development and implementation of the BSC.