The International Corporation SMOLENTSEV & Partners (Canada) in the support of the Canada Eurasia Russia Business Association (CERBA), Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, as well as assistance of the Embassies of the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, and Belarus in Canada, and the All-Russian Public Organization “Business Russia” are planning to carry out the II International Agrarian Forum “Innovations in Agribusiness (Seed Production)” in Canada – one of the most respectful annual international forums in seed growing.
At the II International Agrarian Forum “Innovations in Agribusiness (Seed Production)” the following participants are expected: representatives of the Governments and Ministries of Agriculture of Canada, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and other countries; agrarian professional associations; seed producers (including bean cultures and grass); agro-holdings; analytics; selectors; operators of the seed market; experts; representatives of law firms, venture, consulting, finance, investment, and insurance companies; representatives of agricultural machinery manufacturers, as well as fertilizers and means of protection; representatives of mass media from Canada, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus, USA, Germany, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, and other countries.
During the II International Agrarian Forum “Innovations in agribusiness (seed production)” it is planned to discuss the following questions:
· Global agricultural and food commodity markets – what to plant?
· Global and national markets of cereals, legumes and oilseeds: reality and prospects.
· Government regulations and the organization of seed production on national seed markets.
· WTO: a motivating or constraining factor in the development of national seed markets?
· Protection of the intellectual property rights in seed production: the fears and reality.
· Innovative solutions for agribusiness.
· Innovative technologies of selection, cultivation, storage and processing of seeds of cereals, legumes and oilseeds.
· Economic efficiency by using resource-saving technologies in seed production.
· The market for organic seeds: a distant prospect or a reality?
· GMOs – an inevitable future of agriculture?
· Effective models and management techniques used in the seed business.
· Social Responsibility – an important aspect in the development of the seed business and the formation of investment appeal.
· Investments in the seed business: experience, risks, opportunities.
· The prospects of international cooperation between national seed markets.
The Forum is to act as an open discussion platform to find new strategies to increase international competitiveness of national seed businesses within the conditions of WTO.
The Annual International Agrarian Forum “Innovations in Agribusiness (seed production)” is about:
– the position and forecast of business development of every participant;
– the exchange of successful innovative experience;
– the improvement of direct business contacts, a place where professionals in agricultural business meet!